Sunday 11 October 2009

We have lift off ....

So, I’ve been in London for just over 2 weeks now (as in living here properly =P) and I gotta say, I LOVE IT!!! A nice house, a nice street, lovely housemates and the tube! I surprise myself how much I love the tube, but I guess that's cus I'm on the Piccadilly line and it’s never too busy =P

I’ve also been working hard on my course. It’s so much fun and I love the feeling of being actively encouraged to be artist and creative. Doing stuff I would usually do as recreation to train for a career. It’s utter madness but I’m so glad for it ^_^

I've also been set my first project. I have 4 weeks to create an object, from modelling, UV mapping, texturing, compositing and finally rendering. Quite a wide brief so everyone is doing a wide range of things. I’m making a typewriter, I must be mad! Oh well I’m thinking of it as a “challenge” =P So I have spent today watching Ghost Whisperer while making a mood board covered with images of a Underwood No.5 Typewriter

2776662811_2cc4de816a_b

Isn’t pretty … in an antique-technology kinda way

1 comments:

SubLevel28 said...

Oh that reminds me of the early days of school.
We had typewriters quite like that for a bit, the we got the Tiki 100 PCs to write our school paper project that had a writer program call brumm and it came of proper actual floppy disk 3,5" (they were physically floppy). Ancient tech your generation has probably not seen.

Post a Comment